Saturday, October 22, 2016

If you don't like what's happening on your team, it's your fault

By Ryan Maloney

Preseason 2016 (photo by Jamie Powell)
"If you don't like what's happening on your team, it's your fault." ~ Dave Brant

The coach: "My athletes aren't good enough ... The school I work for doesn't have enough money ... My boss won't let me do what I want."

The administrator: "My coaches aren't good enough ... The school I work for doesn't have enough money ... My boss won't let me do what I want."

The athlete: "My coach doesn't know what he's doing ... Can't he see that if he played me, we'd win?"

The parent: "My daughter's coach doesn't know what he's doing ... Can't he see that if he played her, they'd win?"

It doesn't matter if you're right, because you've let the narrative strip you of power.