Thursday, November 10, 2016

My last blog post

By Ryan Maloney



Every player and assistant coach has an exit meeting with Coach Braun after the season. On Monday I had mine, but it was much shorter than usual.

Normally we'd discuss how the season went, a recruiting schedule for the winter, and voluntary off-season workouts. This year, we instead discussed how many of those things I'd continue doing. Apart from the workouts, we both agreed on the answer -- none of them.

A major responsibility was this blog. I've written it for myself, first. It kept me thinking about this team, and it kept me thinking about ways I could help make it better. Over time, people started to enjoy reading it, sharing in the experience. I thank you for that. It's been a privilege.

Now I want to see if it's possible to care as much about Fredonia's entire athletic department as I have about the volleyball team, so I've started another blog: jonryanmaloney.wordpress.com (my given name is Jon-Ryan). The content of the new blog will continue chronicling my experience as a coach, it will just be framed differently.

The site is incomplete, but the first ten posts on the new blog are my favorites I wrote for this one. Some were popular, some weren't, they're in no particular order, but they were all significant to me.

Thank you for reading. Art isn't made until someone sees it.