Tuesday, September 1, 2015

2015 Recruit Profile: Hallie Christopher


"Hallie worked really hard to be physically prepared for the preseason.  Her personality makes it easy for her to fit into a team dynamic.​  Her experience in the SUNYAC can only help and narrowly missing the playoffs last season results in her not taking the post-season for granted." ~ Coach Braun



Hallie Christopher is a sophomore transfer.
She previously played for Clarence High School
You transferred to Fredonia this year. How has the transition been to a new campus, and a new team? 

The transition to Fredonia has been amazing this year and way easier than I thought it would be. The team has been incredible at including me and making me feel like a part of something really special. 

I was nervous to go to a whole new school because I thought it would be like starting my whole freshman year over again but it wasn't like that at all. I am so happy and excited to go to school for something I am really in love with and to continue my college journey here. 


Two of our most difficult pre-season tests are both sprinting based: a linear sprinting drill across the court and a shuffling one from cone to cone. We do them several days apart because they're both so exhausting. Many girls who don't pass it the first time are too tired to pass it on the second and third try. But you completed both on your third try... on the same day, one right after the other. How did you do it?

These challenges were very difficult for me to complete the first and second time because of my mind set. I heard how hard they were and thought that I just couldn't complete them. 

On the third try for both of these I wanted so badly to overcome the challenge that I pushed myself harder than I have ever pushed myself and completed them. I still am not sure how I forced myself to do not only one, but two in the same session. It's very cool to see how I grew in just a few days. 

You're one of the first music majors we've had on our team, which is surprising because
Fredonia is such a well-known school for music and art. But your major is music industry/business. Can you tell me about what that is and why you're so interested in it?

Music Industry is such an interesting major because it shows a different look at the music business and the media, a side that wouldn't be seen from someone not involved in it. 

The degree is actually a Business Administration degree with a concentration in Music Industry, so I will be taking both business and music classes. I love being on the inside looking out and would find it really awesome to be involved in the extravagant Hollywood style.

Also by Hallie Christopher: -  Running: more than just a workout